Best Coaching for NDA, CDS, SSB, NAVY in Lucknow | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Warriors Adda Lucknow
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022: Physical Standards
Candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for the NDA exam.
Height & Weight for Army and Air Force
The minimum height prescribed is 157 cms (For Air Force it is 162.5 cms). Certain exceptions are applicable for candidates based on the region from where they belong.
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cms less than the figure mentioned above. For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height standard is reduced by 2 cms.
Height and Weight requirements for Navy
|Height (In cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Candidates who wish to be pilot need to fulfill the following requirements.
- Leg Length: The minimum of 99 cms and maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: The minimum of 81.50 cms and maximum is 96 cms
- The distance vision (corrected) of candidates should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D
- Hyper metropia not more than 3.5 D including astigmatism
- Air Force candidates must not wear spectacles
Candidates can check below the visual standards for Navy and Air Force.
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
Candidates must not suffer from any of the following minor conditions:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Guidelines regarding Tattoos
- Candidates must ensure that any permanent body tattoos should be present only on their inner side of forearm
- Under no circumstances, UPSC accepts tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable
- In case a candidate belongs to a tribe where it is customary to have tattoo, acceptance will be granted considering the traditions involved
- NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow
- NDA Exam Centers 2022: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow
- Battle Honours: Top NDA Coaching in India | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow
- Top NDA Coaching in India | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Top Defence Coaching in Lucknow
- NDA 2022: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in India | Warriors Defence Academy
Candidates must not have the following diseases:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders / Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease / Non-articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis
- Compression fracture of vertebrae
- SC Heuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine
- Unilateral / Bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficit
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method
- Degenerative Disc. disease
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist
Any of the following conditions will disqualify the candidature of candidates:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritis / spondylosis
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degree for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylosis / Spondylolysis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
Other medical conditions
- There should not be any symptoms of the weak constitution or bodily defects
- Candidates must have a well-developed chest
- The function of the bones or joints should be good
- No history of medical breakdown or fits
- Candidates must have normal hearing capabilities
- No impediment of speech
- Normal blood pressure with no signs of heart disease or blood vessel disease
- No liver or spleen enlargement
- No abnormalities in urine
- No skin diseases
- No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
- A sufficient number of natural and sound teeth
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits
Ineligibility for UPSC NDA 2022 Exam
Candidates will be rejected from appearing in UPSC NDA exam due to the following reasons:
- If aspirants are married then they will not be allowed to appear for the exam
- If candidates have resigned on disciplinary grounds during training then they are not eligible
- Candidates who did not clear PABT/CPSS exam are not eligible
- If aspirants are debarred by the Defence Ministry
- Candidates studying in Class 11 are not eligible
- Candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier will not be considered eligible
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022 FAQs
Q. Are women candidates eligible for NDA exam?
Q: What is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for NDA exam?
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the NDA 1 exam?
Q: Is there any limit in the number of attempts in NDA exam?
Q: Is Mathematics required to apply for NDA exam?
Q: Is there any minimum percentage required in Class 12 to apply for NDA exam?
Q: What are the physical standards required for the NDA exam?
Q: Is there any age relaxation for reserved category candidates in NDA exam?
Q: I am Class 11, can I apply for NDA exam?
Q: I am appearing in Class 12. Can I apply for the exam?
Q. How can I fill NDA application form?
Q: What is NDA eligibility criteria for women?
Q: What is NDA age limit for girls?
Q: I am a female who migrated from Nepal with an intention to permanently reside in India. Am I eligible for this exam?
Q: I have a tattoo on my arms. Can I apply for the exam?